Siblings Impacted by Addiction
An educational group for adults with a sibling who has an addiction
Do you love a sibling who suffers from addiction? Siblings Impacted by Addiction is an educational group that explores how to begin the healing process. Once addiction enters your family and latches onto a sibling, how do you relearn your role? How do you build boundaries?
The Shoutout™ Group for Siblings Impacted by Addiction helps adults (18 years old and older) of siblings with substance use disorder heal. Together we will discuss the pressure and range of emotions- shame, hostility, disappointment- you feel and help you navigate those feelings in a healthy way.
Shoutout™ is an easy-to-use digital health platform that connects you to a world of support and education. Our Masters Level therapists, coaches, educators, and supportive peers will help with boundaries, communication, and so much more.
With the Shoutout™ Siblings Impacted by Addiction Educational Group, you will:
- Create healthy boundaries for yourself
- Balance your relationship with your sibling and parents
- Understand your role as a sibling and support your loved one’s recovery
- Maintain hope and optimism
- Engage in meaningful interactions with your family by creating healthy connections
- Feel supported and heard
- Recognize the desire for courage to communicate your needs with your sibling struggling with addiction
- Keep the lines of communication open by exploring different communication styles and tools to reconcile differences
- Connect with others who are dealing with similar experiences
Enroll in the Shoutout™ Group for Siblings Impacted by Addiction today
- Who’s It For: Adults with a sibling who has a substance use disorder
- Length: 4 weeks
- Dates: January 18, January 25, February 1, February 8
- Day & Time: Meets Tuesdays weekly from 6pm – 7 pm EST
- Cost: $200 total cost
Wendy Elliott, MFT
Wendy is a Family Specialist in the inpatient and digital mental health departments at Recovery Centers of America. She earned her Master’s degree at Drexel University in Family Therapy with an additional certificate from the Opioid Workforce Expansion Program, Interdisciplinary training initiative. This training helped prepare Wendy to engage with families impacted by opioid and other substance use disorders in a therapeutic context. During her schooling, she completed her Master’s level internships in School Based Mental Health/Family Therapy and Family Therapy in inpatient substance use settings.
Gwenn Swift, MFT
Gwenn is a Family Specialist, working with couples and families in recovery from substance use in the Inpatient and Digital settings at Recovery Centers of America. Gwenn earned her Master’s degree in Couple and Family Therapy from Drexel University. She also completed a training with the Opioid Workforce Expansion Program. During her Master’s, she completed an internship at RCA working in the women’s trauma program, mature women’s program, and young adult program. Gwenn believes that authentic connection and engaging, healthy life experiences are essential for families. She hopes to create a space that demonstrates the value of family work in recovery.
Limited seats available! Contact us to register
Support and take care of yourself. Connect with our experts to get started with the Shoutout™ Educational Group for Siblings Impacted by Addiction today.
Keep the momentum going
Support doesn’t stop once this 4-week group is complete. You’ll have the opportunity to stick with your therapist through our continued family coaching services. Available at an additional cost, these services keep you connected with your therapist, allowing your journey of healing and growth to continue.